You may have heard ""What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."" For criminal charges, though, there is nothing more false. If you are one of Clark County's 2 million residents, this is where you live and work. If you are one of the 40 million people who pass through Las Vegas every year, even a minor criminal charge can follow you home through background checks, driver's license suspension, extradition and more.
If you are charged with a crime in Las Vegas, it's important that you exercise your right to an attorney of your choice. Your lawyer can fight for you against the charges and seek the best possible results. It's also important that you pick an aggressive attorney with the right experience to understand the courts and the opposition, develop the strongest strategy for your specific case and give it the personal attention it deserves.
For about 40 million people each year, visiting Las Vegas is often an exciting time. There are many souvenirs to take home with you, but a criminal record should not be one of them. Even minor criminal charges can follow you home. The Pariente Law Firm, P.C., is a law firm solely dedicated to the defense of the residents and tourists alike in criminal matters in Las Vegas, Nevada. Whether you've been charged with a DUI, drug possession or casino debt, Michael Pariente aggressively defends all of his clients no matter the charge. As a former prosecutor, Michael Pariente has experience on both sides of the criminal justice system. He personally handles all aspects of his clients' cases to ensure that each of his clients' needs are met in every aspect of their case. If you've been arrested and are facing criminal charges in Las Vegas, contact Michael Pariente at The Pariente Law Firm, P.C. for a free case evaluation.
- In any criminal accusation, the prosecutor must prove every element of the charges against you beyond a reasonable doubt. That means he or she must completely convince the jury that, other than some far-fetch scenario, what the prosecution says happened is absolutely the truth
- The Las Vegas District attorney has been stepping up prosecutions against Medicaid fraud and many innocent people are getting caught in the net. It is important that you retain a good criminal defense attorney before you go to court
- Like everything else, the prevalence of criminal charges for online activity has increased. Cyber crime can range from child pornography, enticing a child to identity theft to wire fraud, among other potential charges.
- everything from domestic battery, to child abuse and felony strangulation.
- All drunk driving offenses from first time to felony