Jeff’s practice primarily involves business, intellectual property and real estate transactions. He has extensive experience in a wide range of sophisticated commercial matters, and his clients have ranged in size and scope from small, closely-held companies to publicly traded corporations.
Jeff moved to Virginiain 2004 to help build a progressive law firm capable of delivering world-class legal services better and faster than its competitors, without breaking the bank. After practicing at both large and small firms, he was fed up with the standard model of charging clients exorbitant fees for inefficient legal assistance. He had witnessed too many people lose faith in the legal profession due to broken deals, outrageous fees and a complete disregard for client satisfaction.
In search of a better way to help clients, Jeff hypothesized that a team of straight-talking lawyers who are rewarded for providing exemplary customer service would rise to the top in an industry that is overcrowded by fast-talking professionals. This theory has been proven time and time again, as Jeff and his associates have helped hundreds of satisfied clients successfully navigate an unpredictable marketplace during a down economy.
Jeff excels at working with businesses to identify their strategic goals and objectives, which is often the most efficient way to ascertain their legal needs. Over the years he realized that client satisfaction requires focusing on key ingredients that are important to business owners:
- Making and keeping more money,
- Identifying and managing risk,
- Saving time, and
- Having reliable access to affordable legal support from professionals who value their business.
With a focus on these critical core objectives, Jeff served as outside general counsel to many businesses across the Mid-Atlantic region. Over the years he has provided his clients with exceptional legal support in matters and transactions involving franchising, business sales, private investments, commercial contracts, leases, start-up issues, intellectual property protection and general corporate law.
Jeff was awarded the highest AV® Preeminent™peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell® and he has been selected for Top Lawyers of Virginia 2012 by Virginia Super Lawyers, Washington DC Super Lawyers, and Top Young Attorneys in Virginia (Richmond Magazine, 2011), among other accolades. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in English and Psychology from Vanderbilt University and earned his law degree from Washington & Lee University School of Law.
Jeff practiced as a litigator lawyer for two years in Florida courts and then earned an MBA from Emory University, where he graduated at the top of his class and was elected to Beta Gamma Sigma. For over 17 years Jeff has strictly practiced transactional law with a focus on the areas of general corporate, intellectual property and real estate law. He is admitted to practice in Virginia, Florida, New York and New Jersey.
- Jeff has worked on venture capital deals, loan agreements, business purchases and sales (including both asset and stock deals), option agreements, and numerous multi-million dollar private placement security offerings. His past and current clients range in size and scope from small closely-held companies to publicly traded corporations, to large land developers, national banks, major movie studios and even an NFL franchise.
- We can advise clients through all aspects of the incorporation process, including tax matters and entity selection. We also offer competitive flat rates for these services.
- Every business must deal with real estate issues at some point, whether through a lease, acquisition or sale. We regularly assist businesses and individuals with commercial and residential real estate matters of all kinds. We have represented developers, contractors, purchasers, sellers, holding companies and many home and condo owner associations. We are ready to assist you will all of your real estate-related needs.