I was born and raised in Seattle, attending Roosevelt High School. During the summers I had a number of jobs including a ride operator ("carny") at the Seattle center and a warehouse worker at Safeway. Following high school, I left Seattle for Los Angeles where I attended UCLA as an undergraduate from where I graduated early as an economics and political science major and left to travel. I was accepted into Boston University Law School and worked in Washington DC for two summers; the first for the Peace Corp in an administrative capacity evaluating recruiting techniques for high demand skills, and the second for the Federal Power Commission on a special home energy conservation program. My time in Washington DC coincided with Watergate and Nixon's resignation and was quite exciting. Following law school I returned to Seattle and after passing the bar, cut my teeth on the construction litigation surrounding the Kingdome. After three and a half years I took leave of the practice of law and traveled for one year around the world with my wife. I have been engaged in the active practice of law since my return. Following my return, my wife and I raised two great kids who are now young adults. I continue to be interested in travel and have enjoyed a number of adventures. I enjoy many sports including skiing. I collect wine. I continue to enjoy the practice of law and my clients.
- Formation, administration and management of all forms of corporate entities including C-corporations, S-corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. Negotiation and drafting of shareholder/member agreements. UCC security interests.
- Commercial and residential purchase and sale transactions, condominium associations, easements and adverse possession, houseboats, commercial and residential landlord tenant disputes, loan agreements, notes, deeds of trust and loan workouts; foreclosures.
- General litigation including plaintiff and defense contract cases, construction claims, disputes and litigation, partnership disputes, real estate disputes; and architect, engineer and appraiser negligence defense.
- Negotiation and drafting of a variety of agreement including purchase and sale documents, leases, employment contracts, shareholder agreements, LLC operating agreements, construction contracts, non-competes, non-disclosure, licencing agreements.
- Preparation of wills and trust, planning, gifts, and administration of estates and probate; advice to fiduciaries; trust and estate litigation.