- Represents PTO in Patent & IP litigation, arguing appeals, leading federal trial work in §§145 and 1071(b) cases, and defending other civil actions in federal courts throughout nation. Wide spectrum of IP and related issues litigated.
- Appeared as lead/co-counsel on over 125 appeals. Also work with SG’s Office, DOJ Civil Appellate division to assist with gov't briefing at SCT and Circuit courts of appeal.
- Litigated issues that span specific patent, TM and copyright questions to broader issues of jurisdiction, procedure, admin law and ethics. Advisor to agency on policy, etc.
- Lead prosecutor on numerous trials in Office of Enrollment and Discipline (OED) proceedings. Additionally give legal advice to OED Director.
- Defend government in civil actions filed in federal courts throughout the US. While cases often substantively involve patent, trademark and copyright issues, they also include issues driven by adminlaw, e.g., relating to APA.
Law Office Contact
OFFICE OF THE SOLICITOR, USPTO
- PO Box 1450,
- (571) 272-8741